Tentative Season Start Dates:
- Travel - April 7th
- In-Town - April 14th
New to BYSA? Check out the links under the Information Center for important information and helpful hints to make the season a success for you and your player.
New to soccer? Check out our Soccer 101 section in the Information Center!
We are always looking for coaches, especially between the Pre-K to U8 programs. Consider volunteering - it's fun, rewarding, and you get to spend even more time with your children, doing something fun!
BYSA offers the following programs each season*:
BYSA uses the same cutoff of 8/31 as Billerica Public Schools to determine their eligibility, so your player will play with peers in their grade once they hit school age. Your child must reach this age threshold by the Fall season.
Our Instructional Program welcomes children in the following age brackets:
- Coed Preschool - must be 3 by 8/31 (Born 9/1/13-8/31/14)
- Coed Pre-Kindergarten - must be 4 by 8/31 (Born 9/1/12-9/1/13)
- Coed Kindergarten - must be 5 by 8/31 (Born 9/1/11-8/31/12)
Our Intramural Program welcomes kids in the following age brackets:
- Grade 1/2 (U8) Boys/Girls
- Grade 3/4/5 (U11) Boys/Girls
- Grade 6/7/8 (U14) Co-ed
Our Travel Programs place players via tryouts (held in May/June) into the following brackets to compete in the Middlesex Youth Soccer League:
- Grade 3/4 (U10) Boys/Girls
- Grade 5/6 (U12) Boys/Girls
- Grade 7/8 (U14) Boys/Girls
- What You'll Need
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- TeamSnap Login
- SportsManager Links
- Practice Schedules
- BYSA Zero Tolerance Policy
- BYSA Fields
- Soccer 101
- Injury Prevention
- Places to Eat
General Registration Information
BYSA follows a modified version of the US Soccer Birth Year mandate for grouping players.
BYSA uses August 31st as the cut off date when determining divisions - the same date Billerica Public Schools uses for grade divisions, ensuring that your player will play with their peers.
* Programs run based on minimum enrollments, so not all programs will run every season.