Due to the recent poor weather conditions, anticipated rainfall slated for Thursday/Friday of this week, and the continuing challenges that these weather condtions have imposed on league towns in terms of obtaining fields, the MYSL Board of Directors voted to take the following actions at its board meeting on Tuesday April 4th 2017:
1. All games that were to be played during weeks 1 and 2 of the regular league season are now officially cancelled for U10-U14. These age groups will now play an 8 week schedule.
2. Week 1 and 2 games for U10-U14 are being removed from the schedule and will not be made up.
3. The league season for U10-U14 will start with week 3 on April 15th.
4. The leauge's Statistician will work with the Age Directors to make schedule adjustments for U10-U14 where necessary to balance out any unbalanced divisions to ensure that all teams play an equal number of games.
5. U16-U19 games will take place as previously scheduled starting on April 9th for a 7 week schedule. If there are teams that have already had their games cancelled due to field closure and wish to proceed with the rescheduling process they may do so. The league is, however, attempting to find turf fields to play as many of the 4/9 games as possible on that date. If you have an available field please contact the U16 and U18/19 Age Directors and the Statistician.
If you have further questions regarding this action please contact your Age Director or one of the league officers.
Middlesex Youth Soccer League Board of Directors